- You can start asking your University. It can help you if it has an internship database, or give you contact of former students who did an internship in Spain.
- You can look in the international companies which are established in Spain. They are looking for English natives, but a lot of Spanish people work in those companies, so it is always better for you if your level is correct.
- You can search in Spanish website, what are the different adverts. (see below)
- You can also send unsolicited applications, looking for contact on the website of a compamy that attract you. Then you have to send a cover letter and your CV to the address you found. If you are already in Spain, it is better sometimes to deliver your CV in person.
Some usefull websites in order to help you with your search
- Ies Consulting : Spanish website, it offers a lot of internship advertisement, an English version exists.
- Primer empleo : Spanish website, usefull to find your first job or internahip in Spain. Only SPanish version.
- Infojobs et Infoempleo : Spanish websites, you will find mainly job advertisements and not necesarily internship advertisement. However, you can apply for a job, telling that you want to do an internship. This is can be advantagious for the company becausem it will pay you less, not to say nothing,in comparison with a bew emlpoyee.
- Europlacement : European website, you can find internship in all Europe, including Spain of course.
Are internships paid ?
Generally, the companies that pay are the biggest ones, the small family companies seldom pay. However if you feel confortable in the company, and you are working a lot, you can ask for a little financiary help. In Spain, the “politically correct” is less present, thus people in the compamy will normally not be offended.
If you find a paid internship, the payment will be around 300 euros per month and often less !